Thursday, November 15, 2012

Taco Pizza, and Bonus Dessert


This week seems to be going by so dang slow I feel like ive been stuck in the middle of the week without the weekend in sight. On the plus side I had a successful grocery shopping trip where I was under budget and somehow got too much food? I like to think that little leprechauns are cheering for me everytime I accomplish such a thing but it just so happens my 1 year old is the only one who gets as excited as I do. I realized this week that my menu’s for this month are really going to take a turn to the fastest and easiest recipes, after two weeks of trying to maintain my normal dinner time routine, im throwing in the towel! Today we had Mexican pizza, which is missing lettuce because someone…who shall remain nameless **cough, my husband** threw it out last time we used it. So lettuce is in the recipe…but not in the pictures J I also have a bonus recipe……a DESSERT. A super simple crowd pleaser. Remember I don’t bake so you know it will be an easy recipe!

Im a firm believer of dessert before dinner J

 

 

No-Bake fruity, cheesecakey….thing.
 
 
 

 

Ingredients:

Crust-

2 cups graham cracker crust

1 stick of melted butter

½ sugar

Filling-

2 packages cream cheese

1 ½ cups powdered sugar

1 tsp lemon extract

1tsp vanilla extract

2 cups heavy cream

Fresh fruit

 

Directions:

1.   Combine cracker crust, butter and sugar until well combined. This recipe makes two 8x8 pans.

2.   Divide in half and press into the bottom of each pan

3.   Whip cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and extracts

4.   On highest setting whip in heavy cream.

5.   Continue to whip for 2 min

6.   Divide and pour into two pans.

7.   Top with yummy fruits!!

 

 

 

 

Taco Pizza
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beed

2 tbsp taco seasoning

2 cans crescent rolls

Rotel tomatoes

Shredded lettuce

Cheese for garnish

1 8 oz cream cheese

 

Directions:

1.   Lay out the rolls of crescent rolls on cookie sheet, and pinch the side together and smooth out with your fingers. ( I think they actually sell crescent roll “sheets’’ but I didn’t have it on hand). Cook according to directions

2.   While you crescent sheet is cooking brown your beef and add the liquid from the rotel. Then add your taco seasoning

3.   Spread cream cheese on the now cooked crescent sheet. Sprinkle beef, then cheese, lettuce and rotel tomatoes.

4.   Enjoy!! J

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I miss your concoctions here at our Cuisine Queens gatherings! I'm glad to discover this blogspot...I will be checking it often! I MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete