Saturday, November 3, 2012

Friday Dinner

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
 
 









So sorry I missed yesterday, in a house full of crazy boys its amazing I don’t pass out by 7:00 each night! Yesterday was an especially exhausting day, after running around after my  tornado child , I was too excited to cuddle up with my little chubster and catch some needed zzzz’s. Somehow that turned into watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire slayer….which until I fell asleep actually wasn’t too bad of a movie. Anyhow I never got a chance to post yesterdays dinner which was a new recipe I had come across. Im not sure how I feel about it, it was good but I will definitely make some changes to it next time. We had ourselves some creamy tomato tortellini soup and grilled cheese. No tomato soup is complete without a cheesey buttery sandwich to dip in it in my opinion. This soup was definitely filling, but I found it was missing something. I’ll have to play with the recipe and bring it back once I figure it out J

 

 

Ingredients:

2 whole Large Cloves Of Garlic Minced

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

2 cans 10 3/4 Oz Cans Of Condensed Tomato Soup

Two Tablespoons Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste

1-½ cup Milk

2 cups Chicken Stock

1 teaspoon Onion Powder

½ teaspoons Salt

½ teaspoons Pepper

2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning

1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini

½ cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese

 
Directions:

1.Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.

2.add tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, chicken stock and spices.

3.Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. Mine takes about 8 minutes.

4.After noodles are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and serve with yummy grilled cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment