Friday, November 8, 2013

She's Baaaaack

So my husband was gone for 6 months....And no posts. 

Probably because I spent those six months keeping my kids alive and escaping insanity. Sounds like an easy task, but I tell you what 2 under 3 years old and no break...ever. ..not even to sleep at night, didn't leave me with much leisure time! 

I did manage to still cook on a daily basis and I have about a million recipes saved up sitting on the back burner just waiting to spill over onto my blog. 

A little recap of my deployment-food-paleo adventure, I actually held up my part of the bargain for the most part...minus the occasional sad cupcakes, and bored bowl of buffalo dip :). I continued to eat at least 4 meals a week with no grains, dairy, or sugar. Also staying away from as much processed food as possible.Looking back now, i wish i would have stuck to 7 days a week, those first 30 days were so great my body was feeling awesome and i was seeing the results every day... i got a little relaxed and the effects of the "bad stuff" was ever present..and i did not like it! 


While Military Man was gone we discussed how our lives would change in the health department when he came back. Now he is back and on board..ready for the challange of changing our lifestyle and getting the whole family healthier and happier!! 


I'll admit he was weary of the "paleo thing" at first but my goal was to show him that not only can paleo foods be great for you, they can taste amazing!!! Now thats my goal for my readers too, for all of you rolling your eyes and grunting about the loss of all your favorite dishes showing up on my blog...i'll make you a promise... i wont post anything that isnt absolutely delicious!! 


Feel free to ask questions and make comments! 


I love to hear from you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment