Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Best Turkey You Will Ever Eat...Ever.

I made my first Thanksgiving turkey when I was 17, and it took me three years to perfect the most amazing..moist..fall off the bone, oven baked turkey. Ever. 

Lucky you guys...Ive decided to share my recipe in detail. 

I promise if you make your turkey this way everyone will be pleased!


 Squeeze the juice of two oranges
 Add 2 sticks of butter, salt, 2 cloves of garlic, oregano, pepper, and juice to food processor

Spoon into a bowl and set aside
 separate skin from flesh

  Make 2 in patties with the butter mixture
 push butter under skin in all big pockets


 Smoosh the butter on the outside and rub the turkey down
 Cut a whole onion in quarters and stuff garlic in the middle
 Push inside turkey cavity
 Slice top of orange off and stuff in also



Pull out your handy dandy Sazon
 Rub er down
 Add Salt, and pepper
 keep rubbing.

Foil and refrigerate.



Stay tuned tomorrow for cooking..and eating :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying here! Did you cook that turkey or not? :)
    I cooked my first "butter-stuffed-skin" turkey this year -- I used a cardamom/orange compound butter I'd made. But I sure didn't rub him allllllllll over with that yummy-looking orange stuff! THAT looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete