Sunday, May 5, 2013

Orange Rosemary Chicken and Butternut Mash

Because Paleo "limits" so many thing i'll be telling you what I use leftovers to make also, so you can see the actual versatility in choosing to eat paleo. Yesterday I made that delicious pork loin and I had tons of leftovers. today for lunch I cut up some of the loin in to cubes, sliced open my pineapple. Onions and a yellow pepper stuck them all on kabobs and popped them in the oven for ten minutes. it was delicious!!

Tonights dinner was a simple one, I have a love for cooking whole chickens, and have a talent for it might I add ;-) I bought a bunch of delicious oranges and have been stretching them into as many recipes as I can, I adore that sweet and savory flavor on any dish. So what better thing to do with one of the many fresh whole chickens I have in that big ole freezer than stuffing some oranges up its butt! haha you'll love this recipe its simple but has such great aromatic flavors! I wont actually post a recipe for the butternut mash, only because all I did was boil peel and mash it...I wont waste cyber space with that but it is delicious. Paleo doesn't allow for white potatoes, but im definitely a meat and potato type of girl so I like to substitute veggies for my potatoes here and again.











Orange Rosemary Chicken


Whole Chicken
few branches of rosemary
two large oranges
sea salt
pepper



Directions:
1. and hour or so before you are ready to cook, salt and pepper the chicken. Stick a sprig of rosemary under the skin on both breasts and inside the cavity. slice one orange in half and squeeze all the juice on the chicken

2. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350.

3. slice your other orange, squeeze juice on chicken, and stuff the halves of orange in the cavity.
 
4. add a little more salt and pepper, and bake uncovered for 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment