Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Cookies

 
 
Today I woke up feeling all sorts of holiday festive, after making gingerbread this weekend I figured I could keep the ball rolling and make some more delicious cookies J The M&M recipe Is my chocolate chip recipe I just didn’t have any chocolate chips left so I used Christmas M&M’s they were still just as tasty! I have a love for sprinkles so I decided it was time to make some funfetti cookies as well….i ended up making like 6 dozen cookies. For the sake my my hips I’ll be sending some to work with the husband…they are so delicious that I would surely eat them if they stayed in my house! The funfetti cookies  are great to roll out and cut into shapes also…but im way too lazy for that. It’s a miracle I was even baking today… so I try not to over do it and realize how much I dislike baking.  Hope you enjoy the cookies the boys in the house sure did!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Chocolate Chip/M&M cookies
*** THESE ARE HUGE BAKERY STYLE COOKIES***
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1egg
1egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (M&M)
 
Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2.Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3.In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4.Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
 
 
 
 
 
Funfetti Cookies
 
1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
1-¼ cup Sugar
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract or Almond
1 whole Egg
2-½ cups Flour
¼ cups Cornstarch
¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
½ teaspoons Salt
½ cups Rainbow Jimmie Sprinkles
2 Tablespoons Nonpareil Sprinkles
 
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
 
Cream the butter and sugar in your stand mixer (or hand mixer) for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add the vanilla, almond, and egg. Beat until well combined.
 
In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, cornstarch, soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and continue on low speed until it’s all added and combined. Mix in the sprinkles (don’t overmix or the sprinkles will start to bleed into the dough).
 
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart (fits 8 cookies per sheet). Bake for about 15 minutes. (Note: Only bake until they very slightly start to turn light golden brown just on the edges. You don’t want them to totally turn golden or they’ll be crisp cookies. Check them around 10 minutes, then 12, and so on.)
 
Cool on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment