Saturday, May 4, 2013

Life Happens. but I keep cooking.

I cant believe I haven't been able to post since Christmas! In the last 4 months there has been so much going on its a miracle im still slightly sane...slightly.My husband has deployed. My oldest turned 2 :-/ and the youngest is getting to turn 1 soon!!

 For all of my friends who are on my facebook and have noticed the change in my cooking...its true...ive gone healthy!! Lord knows its not easy, but im doing the Paleo 30 day challenge. a few months ago it dawned on me that it was time to get into shape and get healthy again.. I started out slowly cutting things back but ive really been drawn to this primal way of eating.. its filling, makes me feel good, and I have tons more energy!! Ive only been doing it for a week now...and the results are already pretty awesome. I'm not going to back track and post all those recipes because honestly I barely have the time in the day to shower with military man being gone. So lets start today!! Enjoy the new healthy recipes this month and if you feel like trying something new, a change of lifestyle maybe join me in this challenge!!


Tonight we had an awesome dinner, I cooked my pork in my rotisserie, which I know everyone doesn't have but let me just say if you don't have one... you should think about getting one. ITS AMAZING...food is always perfectly cooked and in a hurry! my new healthy outlook on eating consists of Animals and Plants so everything is going to be full of meat,fruits, and veggies... No sugar, No grains, No dairy. ( sorry my potato lovers)













Pork Tenderloin

1 Pork Tenderloin
2 tblsp garlic paste ( i'll post my recipe later)
1tbsp Oregano
SEA salt
pepper



Directions:
1. rub down the tenderloin with all ingredients
2. if you have a rotisserie mount it and cook for 1 hour.
3. if you don't have a rotisserie bake at 350 for one hour



Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus


Half a head of cauliflower
1 bundle of asparagus
olive oil
sea salt
pepper


Directions:
1.chop the cauliflower and asparagus into one inch pieces
2. toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper
3.bake at 400 for twenty minutes.




Orange and strawberry salad


2 large oranges
4 strawberries
tsp of dried mint
pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:
1. Cut the rinds off of the orange and slice into discs
2. slice strawberries
3. add mint and cayenne and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment