Thursday, December 6, 2012

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies

 
As I promised, I have a super easy dessert to give you guys. I’m more of the type to enjoy eating desserts rather than making them but like I told you before if its easy enough for me to make it then I will share J I stumbled upon these today and ive been slightly more adventurous with baking with the holidays and all, I thought I would give them a try. They turned out great!!! Super addicting.
They are delicate and light, creamy and moist…mmmmmm coookies. Theres only one left on my kitchen counter so the boys would love to tell the world how yummy they were. I foresee making this recipe one day when a child or husband of mine gives me one of those “oh by the way I volunteered you to make something for tomorrow”.  I used my hand mixer to mix them as best as it would, and then used my wooden spoon to form it all together. When you use the mixer it will seem like the dough is too dry..but fear not! It isn’t, you just have to use a spoon to combine all the buttery crumbs J
 
Ingredients:
1 C. butter
 ¾ C. cornstarch
 ¾ C. powdered sugar
 1 C. flour
 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
1tsp almond extract
 
Directions:
1.cream butter until fluffy. 
2.Add cornstarch & sugar and blend well. 
3.Beat in flour until thoroughly mixed.  Drop by small teaspoons onto baking sheet Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
4. Cool on wire rack & frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
 
 
 
 
Cream Cheese Frosting
 1  package cream cheese, softened
 1 C. powdered sugar
½ t. vanilla
 2 tbsp milk
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment