Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Festivities

This weekend we had ourselves a little Halloween potluck; who doesn't like potlucks? Everyone comes with delicious food and they take the mess home! Nothing better than that. I realized this weekend that not only do i really love food and making food, my friends do too!! I've got to brag for a second and say man oh man can all my friends cook/bake! we all ate for hours!!! It was A-Mazing! Since i only made two dishes I'll be sure to attach my recipes but i have just got to show y'all all the awesome treats we had :)








 
 
I know right?! frickin awesome!! If any of my awesome ladies want to share their recipes i'll be sure to put them up for everyone :) leave them some comments on my blog and im positive they'll be convinced!
 
 
The savory food cant be forgotten either, we had crockpot pulled pork, pizza bake, gumbo, sweet and spicy meatballs, Parmesan chicken, pasta salad and much more!! Today i'll share my meatball recipe, and the oreo truffle recipe. Since we're still eating leftovers at my house from Sunday, later tonight i'll pull out one of my favorite recipes and post it for y'all.
 
 
 
 
Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
 
Ingredients:
Meatballs(either pre made or your favorite non italian homemade ones)
2 bottles of honey bbq sauce
chipotles in adobo sauce
2 cans of coke ( any dark soda will work)
Cayenne to add spice
 
Directions:
 
1. pull out 3 chipotles from the adobo sauce and quickly rinse the residue off, throw them in the blender or food processor and pulverize them.
 
2. add all ingredients into crock pot and let cook 6-8 hours.
 
** this sauce is also great on little weenies,wings, and even on pork for pulled pork!
 
 
 
 
Oreo Truffles
 
Ingredients:
 
1 package oreos
1 8 oz package cream cheese
melting chocolate (i used white chocolate. but you can use any kind of chocolate)
 
 
Directions:
1. crush whole package of oreos
2. add softened cream cheese to crushed oreos and refrigerate until your chocolate is ready
3. roll oreo mix into balls, and using a spoon lay melted chocolate onto balls.
 
 
** i found that if you freeze the balls and then just buy the hardening chocolate you put on ice cream, which comes in different flavors the balls are perfectly coated and it is MUCH easier :)
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment